Welcome to The Heritage Guide!
Hello! I’m Jess.
I’m obsessed with history, culture, food, travel and prosecco – not necessarily in that order!
I am aspiring to visit every UNESCO world heritage site before 2050.
The Heritage Guide documents my adventures.
I started this UNESCO Challenge in January 2016 and have not looked back since. I have learnt lots about different cultures, history and humankind but there is always something new to learn.
Here are some things I have done relating to history, culture and travel:
- Visited 57 out of 1092 UNESCO World Heritage Sites.
- Gained a History of Art degree from The University of York.
- Worked at the auction house Sotheby’s and at The Antiques Trade Gazette in London.
- Volunteered for The National Trust, English Heritage and at hospital radio.
- Currently I am studying for a WSET Level 2 award in Wines.
- I also write this blog!
You can check out the UNESCO Heritage Sites I have visited below!
1.Historic Centre of Brugge
7. Paris, Banks of the Seine
8. Piazza del Duomo, Pisa
9. City of Verona
11. Mount Etna
13. Museum Island, Berlin
18. Syracuse, Sicily
19, Isole Eolie (Aeolian Islands), Sicily
20. Arab-Norman Palermo and the Cathedral Churches of Cefalú, Sicily
21. Historic Centre of Naples
22. The Amalfi Coast, Italy
23. Works of Antoni Gaudí, Barcelona, Spain
25. Canal Ring Area of Amsterdam
26. Alhambra, Generalife and Albayzín, Granada
27. Liverpool – Maritime Mercantile City
28. New Lanark, Scotland, UK
29. Lascaux Caves (IV), Montignac, France
30. Palace of Versailles, France (Hall of Mirrors here)
- Find out which of the World’s UNESCO Heritage Sites are worth visiting.
- Learn the most interesting bits of history about UNESCO World Heritage Sites.
- Discover the best places to eat, drink & sleep.
- Change your trips for the better!
- Hear straight talking tips from a genuine tourist – that’s me!